Greetings Inquiry Hub Parents,
We are off to a great start of the year at Inquiry Hub Secondary School. I would like to invite you to ‘Meet the Teacher’ on Monday Sept. 16th, which will be followed by our first PAC meeting of the year.
On Monday between 5 and 7pm, we invite you to come and meet your Inquiry Hub teachers. Students are encouraged to join you and give you a tour, as well as introduce you to their teachers. This will be an ‘Open House’ event, with opportunities to speak to any of us in an informal setting. Please be sure to join us!
After the meet the teacher open house, we will be having our first PAC meeting of the year at 7pm. Before sharing the agenda, here are 2 important messages regarding our PAC:
1. I will be sharing the email address you received this email in with our PAC Executive. They will use it only for PAC related information, and like me, they will BCC any emails sent to all parents. Please reply to this email if you would rather not have this email address shared, or if you’d like to change which email address is used for my updates and PAC updates.
2. There is a very short ‘iHub PAC fundraising’ survey that I’ve been asked to share with you. For new parents, question #3 is in regard to a student initiative to request PAC funds for inquiry projects. Please help out our PAC and complete this (5 question) survey.
(Link provided in email to parents)
3. This newsletter is available online at: http://parents.inquiryhub.org/ where there is a link to our PAC Minutes page: http://parents.inquiryhub.org/pac-minutes/. You can find our June PAC meeting minutes there.
Here is the PAC Agenda for this coming Monday at 7pm, also attached as a word document to this email. We hope to see you all there.
I Hub Inquiry PAC Secondary School
PAC Meeting – AGENDA
September 16, 2013, 7:00pm
Agenda Item Minutes Timing
1. General: Meeting called to order 7:00
2. Welcome and Introductions 5 7:05
3. Previous Meeting Minutes
• June 03, 2013 5 7:10
4. Principal’s Report 10 7:20
5. Priorities for 2013/2014
• Discussion of parents as to the desired priorities
for the PAC during the 2013/2014 school year. 15 7:35
6. Old Business
• Vacant positions:
o School Planning Committee Representatives
o Fundraising Coordinator 15 7:50
7. New Business
• Funding for student inquiry projects
• Gaming Account update
8. Meeting Adjourned 10 8:00
9. Future Meetings
Current PAC Executive:
Chair – Jason Turner
Vice Chair – Michelle Unrau
Secretary – Arlyss Turner